===> Jump to Japanese Page
1) Department of Medical Informatics and Economics, Division of Social Medicine, Shool of Medicine and the Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo
2) Department of Health Informatics, Shool of Public Health, The University of Tokyo
3) Department of Health Informatios, Division of Health Sciences and Nursing, Shool of Medicine and the Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo
4) Department of Planning, Information and Management. The University of Tokyo Hospital
1. Our Mission and Keywords
The Department of Medical Informatics and Economics aims to reform medical systems and make social contribution by applying information technology to medical field such as medical economics and hospital management. The department develops basic methods that are applicable to medical information systems in the boundary area of healthcare and information science, establishes infrastructures for information environment where medical information are utilized effectively, and applies knowledge and technique acquired through these efforts to medical and healthcare field.
The main keywords of the target domain are medical and clinical information systems, next-generation electronic health record systems, virtual health care environment, computer representations and standardization of medical concepts, ontology, medical knowledge engineering, hospital epidemiology, quality assessment of healthcare, clinical and bioinformatics engineering, privacy protection and encryption, analysis of hospital management, safety management in healthcare.
3. Current Active Research Projects
1) Development of the IT Infrastructure both for exchanging healthcare information and extended secondary use of clinical data : The project has been mainly conducted under "The University of Tokyo, Center Of Innovation(COI) 'Sustainable Life Care, Ageless Society' Towards 'Self-Managing Healthcare' in Aging Society of Japan"
2) Project for developing infrastructure for medical information database (MID-NET) driven by MHLW (Japan Ministry of Health, Labor, and Welfare) and PMDA (Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices Agency): The purpose of this project is to build a database at 10 cooperating medical institutions nationwide such as university hospitals, selected by MHLW through open recruitment of electronic medical information retained by the medical institutions. The project aims at establishing a link system of the medical information database covering 10 million patients nationwide in the future. The University of Tokyo Hospital is one of the leading cooperative hospital of this project and the professor Ohe is the chair of the management working group of the project.
3) Project for developing medical and clinical ontology database that represent relations among medical concepts of over 6000 diseases.
2. Teaching Staffs
||OHE, Kazuhiko M.D., Ph.D.
||TANAKA, Katsuya Ph.D.
||ATARASHI, Hidenao M.P.H.
|Assistant Professor (University Hospital), Research Associate
||YOKOTA, Shinichiro R.N.
||KAWAZOE, Yoshimasa M.D., Ph.D.
||NOGUCHI, Takashi M.D., Ph.D.
||KASAI, Satoshi M.D., Ph.D., M.P.H.
||IDA, Yusuke D.D.S., Ph.D., M.P.H.
||SATO, Daisuke Ph.D.
||MORI, Ohmi R.N.
3. Doctoral and Master's Courses
1). 4-year Ph.D. Course in the Department of
Medical Informatics and Economics at the Division of Social Medicine
The Department of Medical Informatics and
Economics at the Division of Social Medicine offers the Medical Sciences
doctoral course (4-year program) and admission is open to those who graduate
from a 6-year program at the Faculty of Medicine (the School of Medicine), and
those who complete the master course either in the University of Tokyo or any
other institutions (not necessary to be a doctor). Students will acquire Doctoral Degree (Ph.D.)
of Medical Science with completion of required units and passing a doctoral
The Department of Medical Informatics and Economics is a
collaborating department with the Division of Health Sciences and Nursing at the
Graduate School of Medicine, and it is called the Department of Health Medical
Informatics. At the
Department of Health Medical Informatics within the Division of Health Sciences
and Nursing, the department offers the Master course in Health Science and
Nursing (2-year program) and the Health Sciences and Nursing doctoral course
(3-year program). In the master course, students will acquire Master of Health
Sciences with completion of required units and passing a master’s thesis. In the
doctoral course, students will acquire Doctor of Health Sciences(Ph.D.) with completion
of required units and passing a doctoral thesis.
2). 3-year Ph.D. Course and 2-year M.H.S course in the Department of Health
Informatics at the Division of Health Sciences and
3). 2-year M.P.H and 1-year M.P.H in the Department of Health
Informatics in the Shool of Public Health
We offer 2-year Master of Publics Health (M.P.H) course and the 1-year M.P.H program in the School of Publics Health. See the homepage of the Shool of Publics Health.
4). 2-year M.M.S in the Department of Health
Medical Informatics in the Medical Science Graduate Program
Graduate School of Medicine, the University of Tokyo, offers
the master course in Medical Sciences. The course was established for students
who graduate from faculties other than a 6-year program at Faculty of Medicine
and eventually wish to advance to the Medical Sciences doctoral course of the
University of Tokyo. It enables students to enroll in the department they plan
to carry out their research for Doctor of Medical Science. (the entrance
examination required for enrollment in Medical Sciences doctoral course) In this
Master’s course, all students entering the course spend the first four months
taking formal coursework for students of all divisions, and then will decide
which department they wish to affiliate with. At the department students are
expected to conduct their research for the Master and complete a master’s thesis
in the last one and an half year. They will acquire the Master’s degree (in
Medical Sciences) with completion of required units and passing a master’s
thesis. Our department also accepts students in this course.
4. Research Activities
The research domains are
1) application studies on developments of clinical information systems, hospital information system and electronic health records system,
2) studies on medical safety infromation systems,
3) medical knowledge discovery and analysis of medical economics indicators by using databases of hospital information system and electronic health records system,
4) structured representations and standardization of medical terms and concepts,
5) privacy protection and security in healthcare information systems,
6) information analysis on food safety,
7) analysis of various issues on DPC.
In these domains, major research topics are as listed below.
1) A study on development methods for large scale ontology databases of medical terms and concepts : This research develops the methods to build the large scale medical ontology, which is a database for hundreds of thousand of clinical terms and concepts and their relationships. It focuses on the development of basic methods for making and accessing databases and will be applied for the research.
2) Development of standardized IT infrastructure for clinical researches (Funding Program for World-Leading Innovative R&D on Science and Technology: the FIRST program, 2010.3-2014. This research develops autonomic, distributed, real–time clinical support system. This project is a part of the FIRST program; ”Development of Medical Technology for Treating Intractable Cancers and Cardiovascular Diseases” supervised by Professor Ryozo Nagai in the Department of Cardiovascular Medicine.
3) A study on Natural Language Processing of Clinical Document. This research is on extracting medical knowledge such as time-oriented clinical events and adverse drug reaction of patients from electronic medical records.
5. Contact AddressKazuhiko OHE, M.D., Ph.D. Professor
6. Selected Publications
■ Research Papers (2007-2014) ■
== YEAR 2014 ==
- Yamagata Y, Kozaki K, Imai T, Ohe K, Mizoguchi R.:An ontological modeling approach for abnormal states and its application in the medical domain.,J Biomed Semantics. 2014;5:23. doi: 10.1186/2041-1480-5-23.
- Waki K, Fujita H, Uchimura Y, Omae K, Aramaki E, Kato S, Lee H, Kobayashi H, Kadowaki T, Ohe K.:DialBetics: A Novel Smartphone-based Self-management Support System for Type 2 Diabetes Patients.,J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2014 Mar 13;8(2):209-215.
- Hanatani T, Sai K, Tohkin M, Segawa K, Antoku Y, Nakashima N, Yokoi H, Ohe K, Kimura M, Hori K, Kawakami J, Saito Y.:Evaluation of two Japanese regulatory actions using medical information databases: a ‘Dear Doctor’ letter to restrict oseltamivir use in teenagers, and label change caution against co-administration of omeprazole with clopidogrel.,J Clin Pharm Ther. 2014 Aug;39(4):361-7. doi: 10.1111/jcpt.12153.
- Sumitani M, Yasunaga H, Uchida K, Horiguchi H, Nakamura M, Ohe K, Fushimi K, Matsuda S, Yamada Y.:Perioperative factors affecting the occurrence of acute complex regional pain syndrome following limb bone fracture surgery: data from the Japanese Diagnosis Procedure Combination database.,Rheumatology (Oxford). 2014 Jul;53(7):1186-93. doi: 10.1093/rheumatology/ket431.
- Chikuda H, Yasunaga H, Takeshita K, Horiguchi H, Kawaguchi H, Ohe K, Fushimi K, Tanaka S.:Mortality and morbidity after high-dose methylprednisolone treatment in patients with acute cervical spinal cord injury: a propensity-matched analysis using a nationwide administrative database.,Emerg Med J. 2014 Mar;31(3):201-6. doi: 10.1136/emermed-2012-202058.
== YEAR 2013 ==
Yuichi Yoshida, Takeshi Imai, Kazuhiko Ohe. The trends in EMR and CPOE adoption in Japan under the national strategy. International Journal of Medical Informatics,82(10),1004-1011, October 2013.
Yoshimasa Kawazoe, Kengo Miyo, Issei Kurahashi, Ryota Sakurai, Kazuhiko Ohe. Prediction-based Threshold for Medication Alert. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics(MEDINFO2013 Copenhagen,DK 2013/8/22), 229 – 233, 2013.
Takeshi Imai, Masayo Hayakawa, Kazuhiko Ohe: Development of Description Framework of Pharmacodynamics Ontology and its Application to Possible Drug-drug Interaction Reasoning. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics(MEDINFO2013 Copenhagen,DK 2013/8/22), 567 – 571, 2013.
Hayakawa M, Uchimura Y, Omae K, Waki K, Fujita H, Ohe K. A Smartphone-based Medication Self-management System with Realtime Medication Monitoring. Appl Clin Inform. 2013 Jan 30;4(1):37-52.
- Shinohara EY, Aramaki E, Imai T, Miura Y, Tonoike M, Ohkuma T, Masuichi H, Ohe K. An easily implemented method for abbreviation expansion for the medical domain in Japanese text. A preliminary study. Methods Inf Med. 2013;52(1):51-61.
- Yamagata Y, Kou H, Kozaki K, Mizoguchi R, Imai T, Ohe K., Ontological Model of Abnormal States and its Application in the Medical Domain. ICBO2013(Montreal, Canada), 22-27,2013 July 8.
- Ishii M, Kawazoe Y, Tatsukawa A, Ohe K. A method for handling multi-institutional HL7 data on Hadoop in the cloud. Big Data 2013 Conference, Apr 2013, Brisbane, Australia.
- Emiko Y. Shinohara, Akimichi Tatsukawa, Yoshimasa Kawazoe, Takeshi Imai, Kazuhiko Ohe. A Qualitative Model for Physiology: Apart from Function and Abnormality. MEDINFO2013, Copenhagen, Denmark(2013/8/21) (Poster)
- Izumi Yamaguchi, Hideo Fujita, Kazuhiko Ohe. Early Detection of QT Interval Prolongation from the ECG Database System. MEDINFO2013, Copenhagen, Denmark(2013/8/21) (Poster)
- Akimichi Tatsukawa, Emiko Y. Shinohara, Yoshimasa Kawazoe, Takeshi Imai, Kazuhiko Ohe. An Analysis of the OpenEHR Archetype Semantics Based on a Typed Lambda Theory. MEDINFO2013, Copenhagen, Denmark(2013/8/21) (Poster)
- Kengo Miyo, Yoshimasa Kawazoe, Izumi Yamaguchi, Akimichi Tatsukawa, Kazuhiko Ohe. Evaluation of a Context-based Prescription Alert System: A Clinical Perspective. MEDINFO2013, Copenhagen, Denmark(2013/8/22) (Poster)
== YEAR 2012 ==
- Koike S, Ide H, Kodama T, Matsumoto S, Yasunaga H, Imamura T. Physician-scientists in Japan: attrition, retention, and implications for the future. Acad Med. 2012 May;87(5):662-7.
- Kodama T, Koike S, Matsumoto S, Ide H, Yasunaga H, Imamura T. The working status of Japanese female physicians by area of practice: cohort analysis of taking leave, returning to work, and changing specialties from 1984 to 2004. Health Policy. 2012 May;105(2-3):214-20.
- Tanaka K, Atarashi H, Yamaguchi I, Watanabe H, Yamamoto R, Ohe K. Wireless LAN security management with location detection capability in hospitals. Methods Inf Med. 2012;51(3):221-8.
- Waki K, Fujita H, Uchimura Y, Aramaki E, Omae K, Kadowaki T, Ohe K. DialBetics: smartphone-based self-management for type 2 diabetes patients. J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2012 Jul 1;6(4):983-5.
- Kozaki K, Mizoguchi R, Imai T, Ohe K Identity Tracking of a Disease as a Causal Chain Proc of the 3rd International Conference on Biomedical Ontology (ICBO 2012) 20129.
- Yasunaga H, Horiguchi H, Matsuda S, Fushimi K, Hashimoto H, Ohe K, Kokudo N. Relationship between hospital volume and operative mortality for liver resection: Data from the Japanese Diagnosis Procedure Combination database. Hepatol Res. 2012 Nov;42(11):1073-1080.
- Kohro T, Iwata H, Fujiu K, Manabe I, Fujita H, Haraguchi G, Morino Y, Oguri A, Ikenouchi H, Kurabayashi M, Ikari Y, Isobe M, Ohe K, Nagai R. Development and implementation of an advanced coronary angiography and intervention database system. Int Heart J. 2012;53(1):35-42.
- Kozaki K, Mizoguchi R, Imai T, Ohe K. A Consideration on Identity od Diseases. Proc. of the Fifth Interdisciplinary Ontology Conference: 75-80. 2012
- Yamagata Y, Kou H, Kozaki K, Mizoguchi R, Imai T, Ohe K Ontological Modeling of Interoperable Abnormal States Proc of the 2nd Joint International Semantic Technology Conference (JIST2012) LNCS7774:33-48. 2012
- Horiguchi H, Yasunaga H, Hashimoto H, Ohe K. A user-friendly tool to transform large scale administrative data into wide table format using a MapReduce program with a Pig Latin based script. BMC Med Inform Decis Mak. 2012 Dec 22;12:151.
- Kouji Kozaki, Riichiro Mizoguchi, Takeshi Imai and Kazuhiko Ohe. Identity Tracking of a Disease as a Causal Chain. The 3rd International Conference on Biomedical Ontology (ICBO 2012). 2012.7.23. Graz, Austria
- Kouji Kozaki, Hiroko Kou, Yuki Yamagata, Takeshi Imai, Kazuhiko Ohe and Riichiro Mizoguchi. Browsing Causal Chains in a Disease Ontology. The 11th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC 2012). 2012.11.13. Boston, USA.
- Yuki Yamagata, Hiroko Kou, Kouji Kozaki, Riichiro Mizoguchi, Takeshi Imai, Kazuhiko Ohe. Ontological Modeling of Interoperable Abnormal States. JIST2012:The 2nd Joint International Semantic Technology Conference. 2012.12.4. Nara, Japan.
== YEAR 2011 ==
- Ogawa T, Akahane M, Koike S, Tanabe S, Mizoguchi T, Imamura T, Outcomes of chest compression-only CPR versus conventional CPR: a nationwide, population-based, observational study of bystander-witnessed out-of-hospital cardiopulmonary arrest cases. British Medical Journal, 342,c7106,2011.
- Akahane M, Ogawa T, Koike S, Tanabe S, Horiguchi H, Mizoguchi T, Yasunaga H, Imamura T, The effects of sex on out-of-hospital cardiac arrest outcomes., American Journal of Medicine, 124(4), 325-333 ,2011.
- Koike S, Tanabe S, Ogawa T, Akahane M, Yasunaga H, Horiguchi H, Matsumoto S, Imamura T, Effect of time and day of admission on 1-month survival and neurologically favourable 1-month outcome in out-of-hospital cardiopulmonary arrest patients, Resuscitation ,82(7),863-868 ,2011.
- Koike S, Tanabe S, Ogawa T, Akahane M, Yasunaga H, Horiguchi H, Matsumoto S, Imamura T,.Immediate defibrillation or defibrillation after cardiopulmonary resuscitation, Prehospital Emergency Care 15(3),393-400 ,2011.
- Yasunaga H, Miyata H, Horiguchi H, Tanabe S, Akahane M, Ogawa T, Koike S, Imamura T , Population density, call-response interval, and survival of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest, International Journal of Health Geographics, 10 ,26, 2011.
- Koike S, Ogawa T, Tanabe S, Matsumoto S, Akahane M, Yasunaga H, Horiguchi H, Imamura T, Collapse-to-emergency medical service cardiopulmonary resuscitation interval and outcomes of out-of-hospital cardiopulmonary arrest: a nationwide observational study, Critical Care, 15(3),R120,2011.
- Otake H, Yasunaga H, Horiguchi H, Matsutani N, Matsuda S, Ohe K. Impact of hospital volume on chest tube duration, length of stay, and mortality after lobectomy. Ann Thorac Surg, 92(3): 1069-74,2011.
== YEAR 2010 ==
- Aramaki E, Miura Y, Tonoike M, Ohkuma T, Masuichi H, Waki K, Ohe K. Extraction of adverse drug effects from clinical records. Stud Health Technol Inform 2010;160(Pt 1):739-43.
- Imai T, Kajino M, Sato M, Ohe K. Development of structured ICD-10 and its application
to computer-assisted ICD coding. Stud Health Technol Inform 2010;160(Pt 2):1080-4.
- Yamada E, Aramaki E, Imai T, Ohe K. Internal structure of a disease name and its
application for ICD coding. Stud Health Technol Inform 2010;160(Pt 2):1010-4.
- Soichi Koike, Hiroo Ide, Hideo Yasunaga, Tomoko Kodama, Shinya Matsumoto, Tomoaki
Imamura. Postgraduate training and career choices: An analysis of the Physicians
Survey in Japan. Medical Education2010 ;44:289-297
- Soichi Koike, Tomoko Kodama, Shinya Matsumoto, Hiroo Ide, Hideo Yasunaga and Tomoaki .
Retention rate of physicians in public health administration and their career path
in Japan. BMC Health Service Research 2010, 10:101
- Soichi Koike, Tomoko Kodama, Shinya Matsumoto, Hiroo Ide, Hideo Yasunaga, Tomoaki
Imamura. Residency Hospital Type and Career Paths in Japan: An Analysis of Physician
Registration Cohorts. Medical Teacher 2010；32:e239-247
- Soichi Koike, Shinya Matsumoto, Tomoko Kodama, Hiroo Ide, Hideo Yasunaga, Tomoaki
Imamura. Specialty choice and physicians’ career paths in Japan: An analysis of
National Physician Survey data from 1996 to 2006. Health Policy 2010; 98(2-3):236-244
- Ide H, Koike S, Yasunaga H, Kodama T, Ohe K, Imamura T. Long-term Career Transition
in the Surgical Workforce of Japan: A Retrospective Cohort Study Using the Nationwide
Survey of Physicians Data from 1972 to 2006. World Journal of Surgery 2010;34:1748-55.
- Shinya Matsumoto, Yoshiyuki Kanagawa, Soichi Koike, Manabu Akahane, Hiroshi Uchi,
Satoko Shibata, Masutaka Furue and Tomoaki Imamura: Twenty-year changes of
penta-chlorodibenzofuran (PeCDF) level and symptoms in Yusho patients, using
association analysis: BMC Research Notes 2010, 3:129
- Yasunaga H, Shi Y, Takeuchi M, Horiguchi H, Hashimoto H, Matsuda S, Ohe K.
Measles-related hospitalizations and complications in Japan, 2007-2008. Intern Med
2010;49(18):1965-70. Epub 2010 Sep 15.
== YEAR 2009 ==
Yasunaga H, Tsuchiya K, Matsuyama Y, Ohe K High-volume surgeons in regard to
reductions in operating time, blood loss, and postoperative complications for total
hip arthroplasty. Journal of Orthopaedic Science 14(1):3-9, 2009.
Yasunaga H, Nishii O, Hirai Y, Ochiai K, Matsuyama Y, Ohe K Impact of Surgeon and
Hospital Volumes on Short-Term Postoperative Complications after Radical
Hysterectomy for Cervical Cancer. The Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Research
Yasunaga H, Matsuyama Y, Ohe K, The Japan Surgical Society. Effects of Hospital and
Surgeon Volumes on Postoperative Complications and Length of Stay after Esophagectomy
in Japan. Surgery Today 39:566-571, 2009.
Yasunaga H, Matsuyama Y, Ohe K, The Japan Surgical Society. Effects of Hospital and
Surgeon Volumes on Operating Time, Postoperative Complications and Length of Stay
following Laparoscopic Colectomy. Surgery Today 39:955-961, 2009
Eiji Aramaki, Yasuhide Miura, Masatsugu Tonoike, Tomoko Ohkuma, Hiroshi Mashuichi,
Kazuhiko Ohe: TEXT2TABLE: Medical Text Summarization System Based on Named Entity
Recognition and Modality Identification, Proceedings of the Human Language
Technology conference and the North American chapter of the Association for
Computational Linguistics (HLT-NAACL2009) Workshop on BioNLP, pp.185-192, 2009.
Riichiro Mizoguchi, Hiroko Kou, Jun Zhou, Kouji Kozaki, Ken Imai and Kazuhiko Ohe:
An Advanced Clinical Ontology, In Proc. of International Conference on Biomedical
Ontology (ICBO), pp.119-122, Buffalo, NY, June 24-26, 2009
Soichi Koike, Hideo Yasunaga, Shinya Matsumoto, Hiroo Ide, Tomoko Kodama, Tomoaki
Imamura. A future estimate of physician distribution in hospitals and clinics in Japan.
Health Policy 2009, 92; 244-249
Soichi Koike, Shinya Matsumoto, Tomoko Kodama, Hiroo Ide, Hideo Yasunaga and Tomoaki
Imamura. Estimation of physician supply by specialty and the distribution impact of
increasing female physicians in Japan. BMC Health Services Research 2009; 9:180
Hiroo Ide, Soichi Koike, Tomoko Kodama, Hideo Yasunaga, Tomoaki Imamura. The
distribution and transitions of physicians in Japan: a 1974-2004 retrospective cohort
study. Human Resources for Health 2009, 7:73
Hiroo Ide, Hideo Yasunaga, Tomoko Kodama, Soichi Koike, Yuji Taketani, Tomoaki
Imamura, The Dynamics of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in Japan: A Retrospective
Cohort Model using the Nationwide Survey of Physicians data. Journal of Obstetrics
& Gynaecology Research 2009, 35(4): 761-766
Hiroo Ide, Hideo Yasunaga, Soichi Koike, Tomoko Kodama, Takashi Igarashi, Tomoaki
Imamura. Shortage of Pediatricians in Japan: a Longitudinal Analysis using the Survey
of Physicians data. Pediatrics International 2009, 51(5): 645-64
Hiroo Ide, Salih Mollahaliloglu. How firms set prices for medical materials: a
multi-country study. Health Policy. 2009 Sep;92(1):73-8.
Shinya Matsumoto, Manabu Akahane, Yoshiyuki Kanagawa, Soichi Koike, Takesumi
Yoshimura, Chikage Mitoma, Satoko Shibata, Hiroshi Uchi, Masutaka Furue, Tomoaki
Imamura. Variation in Half-life of Penta-chlorodibenzofuran (PeCDF) Blood Level
among Yusho Patients. Chemosphere 2009, 77(5): 658-662
Kanagawa Yoshiyuki, Matsumoto Sshinya, Koike Soichi, Imamura Tomoaki. Association
Analysis of Food Allergens. Pediatric Allergy and Immunology 2009, 20:347-352
== YEAR 2008 ==
Eiji Aramaki, Takeshi Imai, Kengo Miyo, Kazuhiko Ohe: Orthographic Disambiguation
Incorporating Transliterated Probability, International Joint Conference on Natural
Language Processing (IJCNLP2008), pp.48-55, 2008.
Yasunaga H, Matsuyama Y, Ohe K: Risk-adjusted analyses of the effects of hospital
and surgeon volumes on postoperative complications and the modified Rankin scale
after clipping of unruptured intracranial aneurysms in Japan. Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo)
2008; 48(12): 531-8.
Yasunaga H, Yanaihara H, Fuji K, Matsuyama Y, Deguchi N, Ohe K.: Influence of hospital
and surgeon volumes on operative time, blood loss and perioperative complications
in radical nephrectomy. Int J Urol. 2008;15(8):688-93.
Katsumura Y, Yasunaga H, Imamura T, Ohe K, Oyama H.: Relationship between risk
information on total colonoscopy and patient preferences for colorectal cancer
screening options: analysis using the analytic hierarchy process. BMC Health Serv
Res. 2008;21(8):106 .
Kohro T, Furui Y, Mitsutake N, Fujii R, Morita H, Oku S, Ohe K, Nagai R.: The Japanese
national health screening and intervention program aimed at preventing worsening of
the metabolic syndrome. Int Heart J, 2008;49(2):193-203.
Kawazoe Y, Ohe K.: An ontology-based mediator of clinical information for decision
support systems: a prototype of a clinical alert system for prescription. Methods
Inf Med.2008; 47(6), 549-59.
Yoshiyuki Kanagawa, Shinya Matsumoto, Soichi Koike, Bunichi Tajima, Noriko Fukiwake,
Satoko Shibata, Hiroshi Uchi, Masutaka Furue, Tomoaki Imamura. Association of
clinical findings in Yusho patients with serum concentrations of polychlorinated
biphenyls, polychlorinated quarterphenyls and 2,3,4,7,8 pentachlorodibenzofuran
more than 30 years after the poisoning event. Environmental Health 2008, 7:47
== YEAR 2007 ==
Imamura T, Ide H, Yasunaga H. History of public health crisis in Japan. Journal of
Public Health Policy 2007;28(2):221-237
Yuki Sumita, Mami Takata, Keiju Ishitsuka, Yasuyuki Tominaga and Kazuhiko OHE:
Building a reference functional model for EHR systems International Journal of
Medical Informatics, 76(5), 688-700, 2007
Yasunaga H, Ide H, Imamura T, Ohe K. Price Disparity of Percutaneous Coronary
Intervention Devices in Japan and the United States in 2006. Circulation Journal
Yasunaga H, Ide H, Imamura T. Current disparities in the prices of medical materials
between Japan and the United States：Further investigation of cardiovascular medical
devices. Journal of Cardiology 2007;49(2):77-81
Yasunaga H, Ide H, Imamura T, Ohe K. Accuracy of Economic Studies on Surgical Site
Infection. Journal of Hospital Infection, 65(2), 102-107, 2007
Yasunaga H, Ide H, Imamura T, Ohe K. Women’s Anxieties Caused by False Positives
in Mammography Screening: A Contingent Valuation Survey. Breast Cancer Research and
Treatment, 101(1), 59-64, 2007
Hideo Yasunaga: Risk of authoritarianism: fibrinogen-transmitted hepatitis C in
Japan, Lancet 2007 Dec15; 370(9604), 2063-2077
Ide H, Yasunaga H, Imamura T, Ohe K. Price differences between Japan and the US for
medical materials and how to reduce them. Health Policy 2007;82(1):71-77
Eiji Aramaki: Natural Language Processing and Recent Japanese Art Studies, Inaugural
Workshop on Computational Japanese Studies, 2007
Eiji Aramaki, Takeshi Imai, Masayuki Kajino Kengo Miyo, Kazuhiko Ohe: A Statistical
Selector of the Best among Multiple ICD-coding Methods, MedInfo, 2007
Eiji Aramaki, Takeshi Imai, Kengo Miyo, Kazuhiko Ohe: UTH: Semantic Relation
Classification using Physical Sizes, the Association for Computational Linguistics
(ACL2007) Workshop on Semantic Evaluations (SemEval 2007), pp.464-467, 2007
Eiji Aramaki, Takeshi Imai, Kengo Miyo, Kazuhiko Ohe: Support Vector Machine Based
Orthographic Disambiguation, The Conference on Theoretical and Methodological Issues
in Machine Translation (TMI2007), 2007
Takeshi Imai, Eiji Aramaki, Masayuki Kajino, Kengo Miyo, Yuzo Onogi, Kazuhiko Ohe:
Finding Malignant Findings from Radiological Reports using Medical Attributes and
Syntactic Information, Proceedings of MEDINFO 2007, pp. 540-544.
Imamura T, Kanagawa Y, Matsumoto S, Tajima B, Uenotsuchi T, Shibata S, Furue
M. Relationship between clinical features and blood levels of
pentachlorodibenzofuran in patients with Yusho. Environ Toxicol. 22(2):124-31, 2007
Miyo K., Nittami SY, Kitagawa Y, Ohe
K. : Development of Case-based Medication Alerting and Recommender System; A New
Approach to Prevention for Medication Error. Proceedings of MEDINFO 2007, 2007.
Hiroyuki Hoshimoto, Yuki S.Nittami, Yukinori Konishi, Masaharu Ohbayashi, Ei
Murakami,Takeshi Kubodera, Hiroki Watanabe, Izumi Yamaguchi, Katsuya Tanaka, Kengo
Miyo, Ryuichi Yamamoto, Kazuhiko Ohe:Development of a Nationwide Standard Electronic
Health-Document-Exchange based on HL7CDA-Rel.2 in the New National
Health-Checkup-Program for Preventing Metabolic Syndrome in Japan ,International HL7
Interoperability Conference, 2007.
H Hoshimoto, Y S. Nittami, Y Konishi, M Ohbayashi, E Murakami, T Kubodera, H Watanabe,
I Yamaguchi, K Tanaka, K Miyo, R Yamamoto, K Ohe: Nationwide Standard Electronic
Health-Document-Exchange based on HL7CDA-Rel.2 in the New National
Health-Checkup-Program for Preventing Metabolic Syndrome in Japan ,Proceedings of
MEDINFO 2007, 2007.